Friday 7 January 2011

Tipsarevic v Nishikori


Like I said yesterday I am a fan of Nishikori and Tipsarevic was a lay here for me. Nish can beat him in the rallies if his backhand is firing and there wasn't much between them early on.

Nish seems to hit many easy shots in to the net though and Tipsa took the first set 6-4. I was thinking of redding out right away but gave Nish a second chance to pull it back. He broke in the second set and I thought with momentum he could grab the second set but he started (for some strange reason) to run around his backhand and start hitting forehands (his weaker shot) letting Tipsa break back right away.

I no longer wanted to risk Nish getting the comeback because if he running around his best shot to hit a weaker shot then he isn't thinking right to pull back from a set down in my opinion.

All red, take the hit, move on.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could make as good a decisions as this when trading! redding out at the right time is the hardest thing. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, it's been one of the hardest things for me to get the hang of, chasing was a bad one for me last year and I still get the urges...

    You just have to think long term and when I started doing that and knowing that I will not win every trade, it's impossible, that's when I am happy to red out now.

    ReplyDelete