Tuesday 18 January 2011

Aus Open Day 2...


A loss today but could have been a green day. I backed Seppi when he lost the first set as I didn't think Clement would walk it but he started terribly in the second set and when he went a double break down at 0-3 I redded out and took the hit. I was off to bed not long after and didn't want to leave it running. It was annoying to wake up and see he came back from two sets down to win but that's how this game goes sometimes.

With Ivanovic I backed her at 2.1ish, at 4-5 I think as I thought this would come down to nerves and Makarova has choked before. She really had my nerves going as she held from 0-40 not once but twice.

When the market goes against me then back to level, against me then back to level again I have to be getting out at level from now on, or even a small loss. I was hoping for a 0-30 on Makarova's serve towards the end and I suppose it was a bit of greed that kept me in the market.

Squeaky ended up throwing it away and this loss will hit her hard after rebuilding her confidence over the last few months of last season.



With the Bandy match I woke up and expected all the tennis to be finished for the day but it was 4-3 final set so watch a couple of games and looked at the stats to see Hewitt had had around 27 break points but only taken 5 of them (I think).

I laid Bandy when serving for the match @ 5-4 as with that many break points over the match there was a very good chance of Hewitt getting more and 1.28 was too short for me, this wasn't 30-0. Hewitt duly broke and I got a quick green and left the market and unfortunately couldn't stay around for the end of the match as I had things to do.

That win made it a bit better but still a loss which isn't good but as long as I learn something then I don't mind them too often. Today I learnt it will be better for me to get out of a market that goes against me and back to level, against me and back to level instead of being patient and waiting for a greening opportunity it's sometimes the safest option.

I am now off of work for the rest of the AO so should be able to get plenty more trading done most days. Let's hope for some nice wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment