Monday 17 January 2011

Aus Open Day 1...


I managed to get involved in a few matches this morning and ended the day with a profit so I'm happy. I started with a lay of both Dokic and Simon. Dokic was @ 1.03 and a break up in the second set and she is always at risk from self imploding and messing up any lead she has, even with the crowd behind her.

She went on to win so the hit is taken on that match. The Simon/Lu match I put a lay in on Simon @ around 1.28ish, when Lu was serving at 5-6 first set to reach a tie break. He got the tie break and won the set pushing Simon out 1.9ish, maybe above evens.

I traded out and then backed Simon as he has been in good form recently. When he broke I greened out and didn't get involved again, Simon went on to win of course.

Henin was a lay in my book just after seeing Mirza serve the first game, she seemed to hitting well and Henin usually struggles with a few service games. I was in and out, in and out of this match, trying to get to used to the Geeks Toy a bit more and when Henin broke and was then serving for the first set I was about to red out but I currently had around £16 red on Henin and £188 green on Mirza and redding out would leave me around £13 red on both so decided to let it run and take the hit if need be.

I decided to get involved with the Groth/Wickmayer match and started with a back of Groth, she has been playing well and with the crowd behind her I thought she could give Wickmayer some trouble. After Wickmayer won the first set I did actually top up a tiny bit as Wick drops a set on many occasions.

Wick broke again and I should have redded out but just had a feeling Groth would not lose in two easy sets at home. When Groth broke to make it 2-2 second set she had the momentum so a tiny little top up again and then thankfully she went on to lead 5-2 where I then greened out just in case.

On my TV I then saw Mirza had won the first set so I was glad I let that run a little longer and went all green on that ready to head off to bed. I could have ended up with very little green as I seriously considered redding out on both Groth and Henin but patience paid off here, if it wasn't WTA I probably would have gone red but in the end a good morning.

I have a few things to do tomorrow afternoon so not sure how much time I will have first thing to trade as I need to get some sleep before being up at 1pm. I'll try and find a quick opportunity on an in-play game but it all depends how the matches are going.

2 comments:

  1. Rod, apologies if it has been covered in an earlier post that I've missed but what has happened with your system? Looking back now I have looked at 'your back to trading' post and can see some reasons why you stopped following it. I just wondered though was the one day's loss significant enough to make the system non-profitable in the long run or do you feel that despite being mechanical and giving you no need to follow tennis matches in detail that the system is still a profitable one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the loss was only around £40 I think so would have been still in profit for the year and after checking results after that it would have clawed back the other losses too (just).

    I do feel it is still profitable and in the future I may open a new account and put some money that and use that account for the system bets only. That would be interesting to do as I can do the bets and then leave it and do my trading as normal.

    Thing is, with a target of 0.5% per sequence it's needing about £400 to start it off without having to faff about below minimum bets.

    ReplyDelete