Tuesday 11 January 2011

Clement v Malisse - Auckland...


I got back from work to find Sydney and Hobart suspended due to rain. Not what I wanted to find as I miss enough matches this week due to work as it is.

I saw Malisse and Clement were in the second set, Malisse won the first 6-4 but Clement was leading in the second 4-1. Clement was a little higher than SP (I think) and I thought he was a value back for a few reasons. He made the final here last year losing to Isner so does well here and would be motivated.

Malisse had also just flown from Chennai after playing all the way to the final including 2 three setters in the SF and Final. Then the flight to a different time zone, playing on a different surface as well and I thought it must catch up with him.

I backed Clement at 4-1 (maybe 4-2, not 100%) and he won the set. He was already around 1.6 after winning the set but I thought he would get further ahead due to the above reasons. He held serve in the third set and then broke Malisse to take a 2-0 lead.

He hit 1.15 which was good enough for me to green and it was perfect timing really as Malisse broke back immediately. I do like it when it goes your way like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment