Wednesday 19 January 2011

Aus Open Day 3...



A decent day in my first full night choosing matches instead of grabbing whatever matches I could at the start and end of the day.

The losses I can't complain about, on second thoughts I may have done them differently but laying Sharapova nearly paid off as she was gifting break points to Razzano but she just couldn't take one.

Laying Berdych against Kohl could have been the one I would have done differently but I was just hoping for a 0-30 or 15-40 to get a quick green but it wasn't to be.

Bartoli was broken to love as soon as I laid her and was then bageled. The stats looked pretty even so after the first break in the final set I thought she was worth a back. I hadn't been watching but did read (after betting) that she was carrying an injury but how many times have we seen her "injured" only to win with ease in the end?

Best result was the lay of Wickmayer which I ended up letting run as she was never going to win that match. Sevastova was getting everything back and even short balls Wick was putting in the net. If Wick did get the ball back then Sevastova was just putting it in the corners and Wick had no answer to it.

Happy with my man Nishikori too, like I said before I am a big fan of his and 1.5 on Mayer was far too short for a 5 set match so had a nice green there too.

Robredo was my tipping comp pick and I thought he would have too much for Fish overall so that was not a bad green to pick up and the others like Petkovic and Tipsa were quick in and out trades. Petkovic lost the first set 6-2 so could have waited longer but I was off to bed and she was getting deuce on Keo's serve early on so thought it would safer to green out and leave it.

Looking forward to tonight now, with plenty more matches to watch and hopefully trade on. Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment