Wednesday 14 April 2010

Branching Out...


A losing day again yesterday and I'm going to be adding some more betting/trading to the blog now.

I often have a read of Ian Erskines blog as he does some good posts regarding discipline, betting portfolios, staking etc and it's funny reading some of his rants when people just DONT listen to what he says.

Before starting this blog I would spend most of my spare time watching tennis and researching about the latest news, results, info, stuff like that and then end up just doing a few bets per day that I perceived as best value. I would do ok, good and bad runs like anyone but I didn't really have enough time to do other betting due to the tennis.

Now this method doesn't require too much research, certainly not as much as before so after reading Ian's recent post about portfolios I am going to be starting again with some football trades/bets, using a method I was sent in an email and also using Ian Erskines free system that he sent out to 84 people. I was one of those and used it for a few weeks (a little profit) but the tennis just took over and I put it to one side.

I was also told about a horse racing method that has been doing very well so far by a friend. It's only early stages but it sounds like a solid method and this friend makes lots and lots from betting so I'm going to be using this with small stakes and see how it goes.

This should hopefully result in more profitable days when the tennis or one of them has a losing day. I won't be depositing to get my bank back to what it was before I started this, I'll just carry on with what I currently have. Balance is currently sitting at £392.16 which is still well ahead of the £150 start bank.

Hopefully the tennis will pick up for next week as this week it seems to be a bit of a slow week for profit but now with the horses and football again we should (fingers crossed) get some good bets. I won't be doing every football bet/horse race that qualifies as I won't be around 24/7 but should get some more bets on.

The tennis I will just keep going with this method, no other trading or betting as I still think this has great potential and with less time to research/watch tennis I doubt I would have great results.

There should also be more updates on here now for those of you that are interesting in reading.

EDIT: Some sequences that are pushing on to get through today and could see a decent amount of profit come in, or, a big loss; fingers crossed as this could get hairy later on!

2 comments:

  1. Looked at horse methods myself Rod. Did come accross one which I thought was consistently profitable and claimed approx £2000 a month to £100 a point.

    However I queried the size in points of the bank and was told 400 points! Deduced that my normal tennis bets were much more successful in a month!

    Find horse methods mind numbingly boring!

    Gorgo
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leaving the horses for now already! ha ha, about 76p down today I think on them but I just can't get motivated to even put the bets on as I have no intrest in them at all. I just kept forgetting to go back to the market to place the bet.

    Football and tennis for me, maybe a little go on the horses in the future but just those two for now.

    In profit today so far, the two biggies both came off, some other losses but currently around £21 up on the tennis. More matches to be played of course.

    ReplyDelete