Sunday 11 April 2010

Back To The Old Way...


Another losing day and I know why it got a bit like this now. It was at the start of this week that I was confident of having a target of 1% for some seqences. This was wrong and this is why yesterday I was having to break down sequences after 3 losses and not the 4 (which is much rarer).

The last two days losses will still be chased over the long term now and the target will go back to 0.5% each time. If I had done this then the last two days would have been much smaller losses and the sequences would probably have been finished with a win.

Anyway, still in plenty of profit and back to the old way of 0.5% should see the bank go up from here again. Balance is currently just over £400.

3 comments:

  1. If the sequence very rarely hits 5 losses, why break them down at all? - unless you're laying very high odds?

    Inspired by your blog, I've started what I suspect is a really dumbed-down version of what you might be doing - hope that's okay! Let me know what you think:
    http://uk-betting-tips.co.uk/showthread.php/27200-Loss-chasing-spread-bet-system

    ReplyDelete
  2. The odds change but breaking them down protects the bank as a 4 bet losing sequence laying @ 2.5 would lose over 20% of the bank and that's if none of the bets are higher than that.

    Throw in the third bet @ 3.5 for eg, at you will losing over 30% of your bank on that losing sequence. Some odds will be lower etc, and many winning sequences will keep the bank rising whilst another sequence loses but breaking it down without a big hit to the bank is safer imo.

    It will be easier to recover over the next few sequences rather than have a heart attack watching a possible mug serve like Volandri when I need them to win!

    I've had a look at that thread, good luck mate, not really what i'm doing as I have a few criteria that need to be met before betting but I'll keep an eye on it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes sense.

    I did say it was very dumbed-down :). I can't get a handle on what your criteria might be, so I'm trying simple things first.

    Best of luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete