Tuesday 28 August 2012


A small loss yesterday but nothing to worry about. I backed Cirstea  at the restart from the rain delay and she broke Lisicki instantly so a quick green was grabbed and I moved on.

Halep and Benesova are both in awful form but when Benesova took the first break I thought that may have been enough for her to gain the confidence to take the first set whilst Halep could have been thinking "shit, here we go again".

Mental strength is so important in tennis and so many WTA players seem to lack it. Benesova was serving for the set at 5-4 and I could have (and should have) gone green then. Her mental strength was non existent and her brain injury meant she was broken to love so I redded out and moved on.

Safarova is another one who is a complete head case and after a shaky few points on serve I though Oudin, with the crowd behind her could take a break or at least take momentum of the match so a quick lay of Lucie @ 1.08 and I started watching and waiting. She went out to 1.1 but the amount of errors coming from each girls rackets was ridiculous.

I redded out there when Lucie took the first set.

Right now I have a lay of Voskoboeva against Rus, Rus is in better form and Voskoboeva has been awful recently and has a bad record against lefties so I layed her in the hope she cannot carry on this well in the match, I mean for fucks sake Vosko has won 100% of her first serve points and if that carrys on then I'll take the hit because I can't see it happen.

I hope for a melt down there but also keeping an eye on Peng/Vesnina and Hlavackova/Zakopalova right now too, waiting for an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment