Monday 2 August 2010

Williams, Isner to combine for Hopman Cup...

From supersport.com

No. 1-ranked Serena Williams will combine with John Isner to represent the United States in a star-studded field at the Hopman Cup international mixed teams tennis tournament in January.

Williams and Isner will join the Serbian pair of Novak Djokovic and Ana Ivanovic, Belgium's Justine Henin, Australia's Lleyton Hewitt and France's Gael Monfils in the tournament which runs Jan. 1-8.

Djokovic won the Australian Open in 2008 after reaching the Hopman Cup final with Jelena Jankovic and says the tournament provides an ideal prelude to the season's first Grand Slam event.

"I'm looking forward to going back to the Hopman Cup," Djokovic said. "For me it was a good preparation for the Australian Open."

=======================================



I had a bad feeling when placing the bets last night, I just had a feeling it was going to be a very bad day. I couldn't follow it live either as I was at work so I was very happy to find out just now that it was only a £6 loss.

Of course profit would have been better but I was bracing myself for £15+ loss, I just thought the selections were pretty poor.

Hopefully I can make it back today and keep heading towards the £200 target. I still can't watch much as I go to work at 11pm and there were no streams for the early matches last night, I'm not sure about tonight but I will have a look.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rod,

    I'm very intrigued by your system and by your use of martingale.

    I'm sure martingale can work if you place a limit at some stage and consistently bet value.

    I guess you're not gonna give any clues as to what qualifies as a bet. At a guess I reckon it's something related to backing wild-cards, qualifiers, lucky losers and home players.

    Good luck and don't let anyone tell you it won't work!

    tsonga (from the betfair forum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Tsonga. You're right about me not giving any clues away, for obvious reasons, lol.

    If it all goes bust then I will tell how I was coming up with selections and people with oncourt can check back and see (and hopefully agree) that it was worth trying at least.

    As for people telling me straight out it wont work without them even knowing my selection process, I just ignore them. When i haven't been making the stupid mistakes it has been doing well without risking large amounts of the bank.

    How is your site coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My site's struggled a bit in July as the strategy of backing favourites doesn't work so well in such minor tournaments. I'm not too worried about that however. I'm learning a lot from it and my betting is getting better (which is the main objective of the site!) I have no doubt there's another long run of winners around the corner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well good luck anyway mate, I hope it gets better for you. I know how you feel when favs can't be bothered in smaller tournaments as I bet on mostly favs.

    sometimes you want to just slap them! ha ha

    ReplyDelete