Friday 13 August 2010

Federer targets 20 Grand Slam titles...

Roger Federer shrugged off his recent slump on Thursday to confidently predict he can finish his glittering career with least 20 Grand Slam titles.

Federer, who already has a record 16 majors, believes the target is realistic despite losing his grip on his French Open and Wimbledon crowns this year to see his ranking tumble to three in the world.

"I believe that having won three Grand Slams per season three times, and two per year a couple of times, it's something do-able for me," Federer told the BBC.

"I only play 16-20 tournaments per year, so I'm not over-playing, and that keeps the fire burning."

The 29-year-old Federer added he still has plenty of motivation to keep playing even though he has been surpassed in the rankings by Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.

"At times I was one or two sets away from winning the calendar-year Grand Slam so obviously I feel that I have a great potential in Grand Slam play. But then again Grand Slams are not everything," he said.

"I'm giving 100 percent for each and every tournament that I play because I don't play a ton of tournaments.

"Tournaments like Toronto this week and Cincinnati next week are important to me, too. The motivation is huge for the next few years and obviously if I can win Grand Slams that's fantastic, but they are not the only motivation over the next few years."

Writer: AFP News agency
Position: Agence France-Presse

=========================================



A small profit for the day for the system but it was close to being much better. There were two stage 3 bets, one winning, one losing so they pretty much canceled each other out. The losing one will now be broken down and recovered over time.

It's been a frustrating week with the balance just sitting still and no real progress being made and this hasn't happened too often. The bank isn't going down too much anyway so can't really be upset and just have to hope that improves over the next few days.

One thing I have noticed is why the hell is Nalbandian favourite against Murray? Nalbandian will definitely be tired after his recent exploits and Murray always seems to up his game when it matters (most of the time) and in my opinion the odds are the wrong way around.

2 comments:

  1. Hi rod, why are you not using the 4th bets in your sequence at this stage? are you worried they could hurt the bank too much if they lose? You said the other week that you felt there was a lot of value in the 4th bet so I don't quite understand why you don't use them?

    tsonga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly that Tsonga, atm I am still overstaking with the minimum bet I can do. The loss that was broken down now requires a target of just over £24.

    If I back a fave @ 1.8ish it will require around £32 maybe just within the limits of my comfort zone to risk but if I don't feel confident about that player winning then I def won't do it.

    If it was @ 1.5 or lower then I would need to risk at least £50 odd and if it DID lose, then it would be around a quarter of the bank, too much for me atm.

    I may just risk a smaller amount I am happy with to knock the loss down a little before breaking it down, again it depends on the player and the odds.

    ReplyDelete