Saturday 17 July 2010

Serena To Miss 3 Tournaments...

American world number one Serena Williams will miss three tournaments in the build-up to the U.S. Open due to surgery on her right foot, the WTA Tour said on Saturday.

The 28-year-old Australian Open and Wimbledon champion will miss events in Istanbul, Cincinnati and Montreal after cutting her foot on broken glass at a restaurant last week.

"I'm so upset I won't be able to play in the upcoming events because of this foot surgery," Williams told the WTA website (www.wtatour.com). "Thank you for all of your support. I can't wait to get back on the courts."

The U.S. Open begins at Flushing Meadows on August 30.


In my opinion I doubt it will make that much difference, many people though when Clijsters and Henin returned that they would return to the top of the game but they have not. It's still Serenas if she wants it and in my opinion, missing a few weeks wont matter, as long as she can still make the US Open.

More profit for me today with the "Holy Grail" system if I can call it that, we will see long term if that is an appropriate name for it, I hope it is.



A few selections tomorrow with the few finals happening, I didn't get to watch much today but I believe that I didn't miss much...

No comments:

Post a Comment