Wednesday 22 September 2010

Chilean tennis player Gonzalez to have hip surgery

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP)—Chilean tennis player Fernando Gonzalez says he’ll have hip surgery and expects to be out up to nine months.

Gonzalez said Wednesday on his website that he will have surgery on his right hip on Oct. 4 in New York. He said his doctor said knee surgery is also a possibility.

Gonzalez has been out sidelined for much of the year. He attempted to play in the recent U.S. Open but retired during the third set of his first-round match.

===============================



Another mug performance lost £23 and I am still not too confident about how this is performing at this time of year. There are still too many players not putting effort in in my opinion and it's still costing me.

I may have to break down losing sequences in to smaller parts as I will have a proper seethe if I start to recover and come across more tanking or mugs performances from players who have little or no motivation.

6 comments:

  1. Rod, have checked a few results from Asian swing last year and some dogs did perform better than expected.

    Anyway have stopped betting until players have picked up a couple of weeks form!


    Gorgo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Gorgo, I bet the few dogs that I end up betting on are the ones that keep losing!

    The thing is all these matches were included in the research so it *should* be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rod, I'm going back to a question I asked a few weeks ago. Exactly how profitable are your stage 1 bets? can you give an ROI in percentage terms? can you also give an ROI of stage 2,3 and 4?

    I know it might be very time-consuming and annoying to come up with those stats but I feel it would be very benficial to you.

    If your stage 2 bets are much better than your stage 1 bets I suggest you scrap stage 1 completely. I mean why invest in a fund that offers a 10% return when you can invest in a fund that gives 20%?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tsonga, I don't have those stats on my spreadsheet I'm afraid. I only keep the progress of current sequences and the total profit earned from each previous sequence, but not individual stages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok that's understandable. I just think this would be one way to improve on an already very profitable system. I suggest you keep a record for a while to get stats together. If this is the system that's gonna make you a billionaire you I reckon it would be worth the time.

    There's still a likelihood that your system will fail at some point, either for a month or 2, or even a longer period. These sorts of stats would help you stay confident in your system and allow you to make slight improvements to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fair point mate but my next post, probably in the morning will explain some changes I am doing. I just don't have the confidence in it during smaller tournaments anymore, especially this time of year.

    It was nearly a very very bad day again today but one late bet came through so it wasn't as bad.

    I will be using the stats I use and a few others to trade the matches that I am around for and doing the system bets for the higher level tournaments in which motivation will be higher.

    ReplyDelete