Sunday 19 September 2010

Another Bad Day...



Another bad day over the weekend although most of the loss bar £3 came from one bet so that has now been broken down and will be recovered over time. The two bad days have cost about 15% of the bank so it's not disastrous, just annoying.

I can't wait for the better players to get involved instead of all these mugs that can't finish a game off but I still need to bet on these matches as they were included in the research.

It's been a very slow month of progress since reaching £400 and it's only slightly over that amount now after 3 weeks of wins and losses. I hope I can just get a few decent days in to claw back some of these losses, sometime this week starting today would be good!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rod, I wouldn't worry about the losses if I were you. Actually the fact that you've had two very poor days and are still over the £400 mark suggests that your system is strong. As I said, it's inevitable that you will have terrible runs of results, but if you can pull through you can begin to feel extremely confident in the system.

    Imagine if you had doubled your stakes when you considered it a couple of weeks ago - you'd be regretting it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Tsonga, I'm very happy I didn't go ahead with that. It's just frustrating more than anything as I'm not sure how motivated players are going to be for the rest of the year and it could end up going completely down.

    Just have to wait and see I suppose. Hows your betting going? still picking up again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about that. Everyone always says that players are unmotivated at this time of year but I don't believe it's true. Maybe some of the top players are tanking and some others are fixing, but remember that most players are not ranked in the top 30 and for them winning a tournament like Tashkent or Seoul for example, would be a massive achievement with plenty of ranking points to be gained.

    Also why would you fly all that way to not try to win some matches?

    On the men's side there are still two masters coming up and the race to London and there is the equivalent thing on the women's side, so plenty to play for.

    I still can't get a decent run of winners together. I had a good trade on the Czech Rep - Serbia Davis Cup match but then f***ed things up yesterday by backing Nicolas Mahut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true mate, as long as it's not the tankers and fixers that come up as my later stage bets then I should be ok.

    ReplyDelete