Thursday 25 March 2010

This is the start of a possibly exciting journey

Right, here we go then. Basically to start this off I will say how this came about. I am a regular betting on tennis, usually looking for value and not trying to find "systems".

I was researching the days tennis the other week when I noticed something. Something that stood out to me and made me think..... hmmmmm.....

A bit more research, I hope you appreciate I cannot go into too much detail or it will give it away, and I thought I had really stumbled upon something. Surely there is no "Holy Grail" but this looks possible.

Even more research over approx 2000 matches and the bet I am making rarely happens 4 times in a row. I can lay this, increase upon losses and hopefully make some decent money.

Increasing to chase losses does not work but after I think 3 losing bets I can break a loss down and spread it out over time to make back (say possibly the next 3 or 4 bets in the set).

So I set aside £150 to try this with. I wanted to lay to win 0.5% of my bank so that stakes didn't get to high and put a large amount of my bank at risk but even with just £150 I started laying to win £2 instead of 75p as it was easier. By the end of Indian Wells my bank had risen to £266.

Now after just two days of Miami it has risen to £323.68, still laying to win £2. This will rise after the bank goes above £400, where I will then be laying to win approx 0.5%.

The knockers are welcome, the discussions are welcome, all are welcome. I know I like following others when trying a challenge (esp 70K's blog) to see how they get on so thought I would start this blog to keep a record of how it goes and if some people develop an interest along the way then great.

3 comments:

  1. "Right, here we go then. Basically to start this off I will say how this came about. I am a regular betting on tennis, usually looking for value and not trying to find "systems"."

    Stick with this and stop fooling yourself. Recovery staking can make your results look great for a while but will rend you bankrupt if you follow a system without having an edge (and the fact that you don't talk about odds but only about sequences of results suggests you have none) and can do so even if you have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What prices are u laying and what percentage of your bank on every entrance in the market?...and where u let the green, on favourite or on outsider?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anonymous, like I said in the opening post I DO KNOW that recovery staking does not work. What's different from my research on this is that the "bet sequence" i am following, from my research, rarely happens 4 times in a row and is most often 1 or 2 times, hence i thought would try the loss recovery.

    Also i will not be raising stakes just to get back the loss in every bet after a losing bet, if the stakes get a little bit high then i'll spread it out over the next few sequences. It just seems worth a go as the strike rate of the sequences look very high, so high i HAVE TO TRY THIS.

    I will still be doing my normal betting and this is just something on the side that needs to be tried out.

    @ Open76 I am laying at different prices, not too high but i dont want to say too much i hope you understand at the moment. I am currently looking to win £2 per bet but when the bank reaches £400 it will be to win 0.5% per bet. There is a decent amount of bets throughout the week as you can see from my screenshot (just about to upload).

    ReplyDelete